21 September 2011

Shoe Boxes

Over the past few days, I've spent time painting the ins and outs of some box-like shelves for the nursery. I knew where I wanted to place them in the room, but not what to fill them with. Suddenly it hit me. I'll display her shoes! I must say, they look even more adorable this way. Plus- easy access when we need to get dressed in a snap...and the baby needs shoes!? Haha. Not a necessity, but you get the point.


You're probably wondering what the heck is hanging in the middle. 
It's just your average, run of the mill, dairy scale.
My mom found it at the Iowa State Surplus Sale that she frequents. She's found some incredible finds.
I think this one is the tops. It will actually measure up to 60 lbs. I plan on rigging up some sort of basket device to measure our little peanut with. And if all else fails, it'll just be a hoot to have a dairy scale hanging in her room. I can guarantee we'll be one-of-a-kind with this one!











There's lots of blank wall space underneath where lots of toddler activity might take place. I've got a plan up my sleeve for it, but that will be revealed soon enough.

Happy Wednesday!



No comments:

Post a Comment