12 September 2011

Bumper to bumper.

On Friday I drug Chris to the fabric store to help me pick out some fabrics for the bumpers. [I found the inserts at JoAnns in Iowa during our visit.] It was much easier than I thought, and super cheap! 
Here's the first look:

I wanted a "striped" look, but not consistent stripes. I cut the fabric at random widths and sewed them together to make one side of the bumper, and then used a solid piece of fabric for the back (as you can see on the right and left pads inside the crib).

It's not a perfect match to the curtains, but I'm loving the mix-n-match feel of the nursery so far. 
Babies need color, and they don't care if the colors match!

Now I'm off to create some more artwork...this time I'll hopefully get paid for it, as I plan to list some canvases on Etsy soon. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment