13 September 2011

Peter Piper

...picked a peck of pickled peppers. How many pickled peppers did Peter Piper pick?

My mom used to amuse my brother and I when we were little by trying to get us to repeat her with these crazy tongue twisters. It's funny now that I'm growing my own peck of peppers in our backyard for pepper flakes, pepper jelly, and yummy salsa. 

Here's what I brought in this morning:


Hot Portugal peppers...anyone have any good recipe ideas? I had just a few seeds on hand for these, and of course, they're the ones that are going bonkers- growing like weeds!!


Serrano peppers


Anaheim Chilis and a baby Jalapeno


And lastly, I'm giving you a glimpse of what's to come...


These bell peppers are about half-ish grown...I can't wait for them to finish! 
(I know it's late in the season to be enjoying all of these, but this was our first season experimenting with gardening/growing from seeds!)



Yum!

Just thought I'd share our little love for some spice in our life. 





No comments:

Post a Comment