25 August 2011

Boo and Geeen.

I've been diligently working on colors with Averi the past couple of weeks. I'm proud to say she's got all of the basics down except red and orange- those are toughies.

Although she can name the right colors, pronouncing them correctly has taken a back seat for now.

Yesterday I set out to find the perfect drawer liner paper for the dresser in Mini Freed's room. I took note of this post from YoungHouseLove, and set out for the same effect.

Looking around town and comparing what I had in my own paper stash, I decided on blues and greens. "Boo and Geeen" if you're Averi.

Here's what the drawers looked like before:


After wiping the insides down, I slapped a layer of Mod Podge (Matte) and then the pre-cut, pre-measured paper.


Here's the after:


The top right and bottom left are a plain silver, just in case you can't tell.


A simple transition, but I must say...it does make the baby socks look pretty darn adorable.


Now on to the next project. I haven't decided what that will be yet, but I know I'm never done.





No comments:

Post a Comment