30 May 2013

Eat in style. Or at least better style.

Our kitchen has gotten a bit of a face lift since I last posted pics. Here it is today:



I painted one shade lighter than the living room. A light simple gray. 

This was the kitchen 1 year ago, and 2 years ago:



The chalkboard is essential to keeping our little family on track with our daily happenings. I also swapped out the red decor, for something more fresh. 


We ditched the armoire back in 2011 before having Camdin. It was mine from high school. We decided that not having to move that bad boy again would be a wise choice... plus with our new updated bar cubby in the living room, we didn't need it anymore!


 Fitting in much better with the color scheme here, I moved this print in from Camdin's room. 


The peppers are something I painted for Chris for Christmas. They are all of the peppers that we have grown at our home. See the curtains?


I hand-painted them in Del Rio when I had entirely too much time on my hands. I still love them. 
What's that? You see a coffee machine? But we don't drink coffee, you say?


That's right. Chris and I are not too much into the bean. And by not too much, I mean that I don't drink it at all, and he'll have maybe 10 cups/ year. Our relatives do, however. Which is where this little beverage station comes in handy! It's nice to have our Keurig out to get hot water for tea, but it's only used for coffee when we have company. It's nice to have it over here in the corner, not taking up my high-valued counter space. 

One of the main reasons I wanted to get the kitchen completed before the holidays, was for Camdin's birthday!


It was so nice to have a fresh clean space for her party. 

So there you have it. The kitchen. 

It's not a breathtaking showstopper of a transformation, but I'm pleased as punch that it's done. There's something about that tan paint that screams traditionally boring to me. As least gray has a touch of modern to it. Ha. Who would've thought that gray would be so hip. 








No comments:

Post a Comment