25 May 2013

My Apologies

Hi. My name is Aimee and I am horrible at keeping up with my blog.

Whew. Got that out there. (Not that you didn't already know, based on my extreme lack of posts over the past 18 months...  I wonder what could have wormed its way into my life??)

I have to apologize for not keeping everyone up to date on our lives and happenings. Simply put- it's hard. I have a difficult time strapping myself to the computer chair to write a blog post, when I'd rather do it from the comfort of the couch on my laptop. There's only one problem. My Macbook needs a new battery, and therefore needs to be plugged into the wall at all times or it will die. Sounds simple enough. However, the computer cord is magnetic so that it breaks away from the computer easily. It's a perfect design if you have two dogs and a toddler, like me... but not if your battery doesn't work without the cord!

OK, I know, I'm kind of making up excuses for why I haven't written. The truth is, I love my projects MUCH more than I love writing about them. Trust me when I say that I've kept myself thoroughly busy over the past year by continually updating our humble abode, chasing my now sprinting toddler, and holding down the fort alone while the hubs defends the country elsewhere.

I'm going to try my darndest to get you caught up. I think I'll use my iPhoto history to determine what you've missed out on. Forgive me if the "catch up" posts aren't as in detail as they used to be or could have been. With so much time passing since I've improved upon many things, I simply have forgotten how I achieved some of them. HA!

For now, I'll leave you with the hopes that you're enjoying your Memorial Day weekend with friends and family- all while thinking of those who have given their lives for us to be where we are today, and for those who are currently sacrificing so many things because they feel it's the right thing to do. To all of these men and women in our armed forces- you are, as my friend Kim says, Bad A. We all look forward to your return home safely. And thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment