14 August 2011

My brain has turned to mush.

I know, I know. You've heard it before: pregnant ladies tend to lose their minds. Well, it's true. I've lost it. Let me just enlighten you on a few choice happenings around my home lately.

A few days ago as Chris was packing to leave for his trip this weekend, I was standing in the bathroom in front of the mirror. I had put on his large old sweatshirt, getting comfy for late night tv. I turned and looked in the mirror and immediately thought to myself, "Wow, I don't ever remember this sweatshirt fitting so well...it's always been big! Weird." Then it hit me like a ton of bricks and I totally laughed out loud at myself. Duh. I'm pregnant, you nincompoop. Chris asked what I was laughing at, and I revealed my dunceness upon him. His response? Go to bed, you're done for the night. 

Saturday I had promised my boss, K, that I would babysit for her and her husband so they could have a date night. I spent most of my day running around town, window shopping. I stopped by base on my way home to hit the commissary and gas station. While in line to get gas, I received a text from K. It read "well, I guess we're not going because Aimee's 30 minutes late, so we'll just stay home." AHHHHH. I guess she was sending that to a friend and accidentally sent it to me, and thank goodness she did! What time is it? OMG. 6:15pm. I was supposed to be over there at 5:40. How embarrassing. I quickly texted her back and said I was on my way. She politely let me know that they had changed their minds about going out anyway. She said it was God's way of saying they needed to relax after a long stressful day (which she didn't indulge into). I couldn't believe it, I completely COMPLETELY forgot. So sad.

Now I know what it's like to get old and to have a forgetful brain make you frustrated as all get out. Hopefully I'll have more funny stories to share with you in the future!

"The advantage of a bad memory is that one enjoys several times the same good things for the first time."
— Friedrich Nietzsche


No comments:

Post a Comment